Friday 30 April 2010

Question one - In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products

I have shown many ways which my Music Video uses, develops and challenges real forms of media texts. I have looked at many different media texts to develop my own music video. First of all I created a Music Video and to this I had to look at other bands with the same genre of music. So I looked at bands like Pendulum, Prodigy and Faithless with the genre of drum and bass. So in my music video I have focused a lot on the lighting and always trying to capture natural lighting in the shots where the characters are outside. This is a convention of real media texts. Another way which I have challenged forms of real media texts are through the location and settings in my music video. I have chosen to have the band performing on a stage like their performing to the audience; I have also put the band members in the same sort of costume so that the audience know that they are a group. Other locations in my music video include remote, isolated areas. These areas include being in the woods and in small dark spaces, this also adds mystery to my music video. This is shown in other media texts e.g. Prodigy with the song Invaders Must Die with the location set in an isolated area in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment